Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The beginning of something BEAUTIFUL...

I recently accepted a kindergarten position at College Park Elementary School here in Ocala, FL. I am SUPER excited about having my OWN classroom and my OWN group of kiddos! I am crazy about kids and have always wanted to be a teacher. After 5 years of college....I am FINALLY stepping out on my own two feet and taking on one of the BIGGEST things in my life so far (besides marrying my hubby!). Teaching is going to be so awesome and I can tell that the staff at College Park are going to be GREAT to work with. Honestly...words just can't express how stinkin' excited I am about my career choice! I have spent most of this past week working in my room trying to get it all set up and ready to go for August 18th. AND...might I add...the room is INCREDIBLY HOT with NO AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!! Take a look at these pictures and check out how things have come along so far.....
DAY ONE...

The Room
My MESSY closet

All kinds of storage




DAY TWO...


My CLEAN closet

Now it's in my ROOM!!It's starting to come together


A little organization

DAY THREE...

My "Reading Pad"

The Listening Center

Art Center (and Centers Pocket Chart)

Computer Center

My side of the room (and ABC Whiteboard Center)

Teacher Area

My Desk

More "Mrs. Dodge Space"

MY bulletin board (and part of the word wall)

Circle Time and the front of the room

Dramatic Play Center (I LOVE puppets!)

The sink area and lots of storage

My cramped but organized closet

6 comments:

My Beautiful Mess! said...

It looks soooo good! I want to be in your classroom :) I am so excited for you!

Tracey said...

Congratulations Audra and best of luck on your new adventure! This is your Aunt Vikki's Tracey.
Take care :)

Kim Hancock said...

Your classroom looks great...I am so excited for you! I always love getting updates from Vikki on you... she's a very proud aunt! Check out "Great ending to a great day" on my blog!

ines said...

hi audra...i am amazed at ALL you have done in 3 days! i am a teacher of many years, i am passionately in love with what i do. it has got to be the most rewarding career ever! good luck and i know you will have an amazing year!

ines

Katy said...

How awesome!!! What a great place your room looks to be! I love the little reading area...that is soo cute! Best of luck with your teaching!!! :)

The Lady Behind the Lens... said...

Hey girl,

You are going to be a great teacher. I hope that you get really good kids, and I hope you get at least one like Charles that says really funny things and keeps you on your toes!!