Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My little "Pumpkin Carvers"


We had such an AMAZING day today! My husband Ben came by the classroom today and spent the whole afternoon with us. He brought us a fall pumpkin and helped carve it for the kiddies! :) They all got to reach in and touch the "goo" after Ben cut the top off. They LOVED IT! He also let each of them take a turn scooping out the inside goodies which totally had them ALL kinds of excited. After we voted on the "look"....Ben carved it for us and then I had each of my babies sign their name because they all took part in the carving. I sent them all home with a seed from our pumpkin and a little poem that talked about planting a pumpkin seed. Tomorrow we are going to EAT pumpkin seeds (the sunflower-like ones!) :) I am SO thankful to have such a supportive husband. He is SUCH a great guy and my babies absolutely LOVE him! I think I might actually have some competition.... lol. "Mrs. Dodge, your husband is SO handsome!" :) I LOVE IT!!!!!

2 comments:

My Beautiful Mess! said...

What FUN!! So sweet of Ben to do that. The kids look so happy :) Love you!!

The Lady Behind the Lens... said...

You have been tagged. Come to my blog for details......