Monday, August 18, 2008

First day of KINDERGARTEN!


SO...today was my first day TEACHING! It was a WONDERFUL day.....and of course CRAZY!!!!!! :) I could've used a LOT more time. It went by so fast. In Marion County we do what they call "Stagger Start" in kindergarten. Each class is broken up into thirds and the first third comes on Monday, the second on Tuesday, and the third on Wednesday. THEN...on Thursday we get them ALL! It sounds like a really great idea...and it made today SO nice....but now we are having "Hurricane Days" tomorrow AND Wednesday!!!!! This means that I got to meet 5 of my kids today....and got to know them VERY well.....and now I'm not going to get this special time with the rest of my class. :( That makes me so sad! SO...the next time I go in...I'll have my ENTIRE class! I'm excited...but it just stinks that I won't be able to have that time with them like the others. Ahhh...Nature. :)

However, today was FANTASTIC! I had 5 GREAT kids and absolutely NO behavior problems!!!! Now, on Thursday I'm going to be adding another 14 kids to the mix....and 14 DIFFERENT attitudes...SO it could be a different story. :) Hopefully they are ALL little angels like the first group! That would make for an AMAZING year!

Well....despite the STINKINESS of the hurricane and all, I AM looking forward to spending the next two days at home with my wonderful, amazing, INCREDIBLE husband....AND my cute, sweet, snuggly puppies!!!!!! Bring it on "FAY".....I'm ready for ya!

3 comments:

My Beautiful Mess! said...

Yea!! So glad your first day went well. Can't wait to hear all about the rest of your week. Sure love you much!

Tracey said...

Glad you had a great first day!

Kim Hancock said...

You look so cute! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your class :0)