Monday, August 25, 2008

"Official" FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN!!!!!

FINALLY, I was able to have my WHOLE class together for our "first day of kindergarten". As I blogged earlier...Fay screwed up my "stagger start" last week during our first week...and we were only able to go to school on Monday...with only the first 5 kids in my class. Well, today I had 'em all! And BOY WAS IT FUN! ;) I ended up with 21 kids in my class!!!!! That is a whole MESS of five year-olds! They were a lot of fun though. It was a pretty rough day......between getting to know each other, leaving our mommies and daddies for "big school", not getting a nap like they were used to, eating at a set time, getting to know our rules and procedures, and then there's the bus thing....we're not EVEN going to go there! Oh...and did I mention the fact that I ended up in the Principal's office at the end of the day!!!!! LONG STORY!!!! To sum it up...I sent a bus rider to car line and they never got picked up (obviously!)....so we had to call mom (which was frantic at the bus stop wondering why her baby didn't get off the bus!!!!) But we made it through! Ahhh.....I have to keep telling myself to BREATHE!!!! :) I have got myself all situated tomorrow....because I am NOT going back to that office again! lol.
They really are a great group of kids though. I am totally looking forward to getting to know them all and loving them to no end! They had fun today....despite Mrs. Dodge's blunders! :) Hahaha.......
Let's see how tomorrow goes! :)



2 comments:

Kim Hancock said...

Cute class!

My Beautiful Mess! said...

Oh girl!!! You are a real teacher now! It's official! Love you so much!! I am shipping Mr. Toad Frog tomorrow. I will send him to the school :)